GENERAL HOLISTIC NUTRITION
Holistic Nutrition is a natural whole-body approach to balance the body, mind and spirit, keep illness at bay, delay the signs of aging and promote optimal wellness
We cannot separate the body into isolated parts…all of our organs talk to one another. A Holistic Nutritionist will find the ROOT CAUSE of any illness rather than give you synthetic medication to mask the symptoms. Instead of focusing on just one aspect of the person, or taking a one size fits all methodology, holistic nutrition evaluates the complete health history, emotional state, lifestyle habits and current diet habits of an individual to determine the root cause of his or her health issues. Thus we can help to alleviate issues such as:
- Acne/skin conditions
- Dietary changes/food allergies
- Disease prevention (i.e. cancer/osteoporosis/arthritis)
- Hormone issues
- Low energy / fatigue
- Sleep problems
Saying that here are some of
PureJo’s Top Tips for Overall Good Nutrition
(If you are suffering from particular ailments and need a more personalised healing plan just for you then please contact me direct at firstname.lastname@example.org www.purejo.com)
- Eat as much Organic, local, seasonal fresh produce as you can afford.
- Shop from your local farmers market – support the small businesses and get their produce, which is normally pesticide and herbicide free.
- Eat as close to nature as possible – this is the most nutrient dense real food.
- Focus on the food that doesn’t come with a label.
- Choose Quality over quantity
- Don’t count calories – embrace wholefoods. The calories from nutrient rich foods will affect the body much differently than from calories from bad dead food.
- Lots of juices and blended smoothie of either fresh fruits or vegetables –don’t mix the two though.
- Consume a good variety of fruit and vegetables especially dark green leafy vegetables.
- Do not fear fat – choose healthy fats – cook with avocado oil or coconut oil and use olive oil for salad dressings. Good fats help all our cells to function properly – keeps our brain sharp, balances our mood, heals the gut and maintains overall health.
- Eat raw nuts and seeds that have been activated (soaked overnight in a water with pink salt mix, then rinsed) these are enzyme rich and readily available for the body to absorb and assimilate.
- Grill / steam your food ideally.
- Meat should be pasture raised / free range / organic. Buy local if you can.
- Dairy should be organic, pasteurised and local.
- All wild fish and shellfish is great especially wild caught salmon, sardines and mackerel for good Omega 3 fats.
- Consume herbal teas – such a wide variety out there and each one healing in its own right.
- Eggs are good for you!
|Avoid as much as possible:
We want to get good water, and water is actually a source of Nutrients as well, it’s not just dead H2O, unless you’re drinking distilled water, which is dead H2O that strips the minerals from your body into your gut.
Do not drink straight from the tap. Filter your water from nastiness such as fluoride and chlorine. Alkaline water where the pH is above 7 is highly beneficial. Best to drink bottled water – the larger the bottle size the better to prevent waste.
Breathe a lot; breathe deep as breathing helps for life longevity. Get as fresh quality air as possible
That’s when our organs detox and the body Regenerates and Repairs